Common After-hours Concerns
Our normal hours of availability are 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
Outside of these hours, you may use Spruce to leave a message for your health coach or medical provider which will be addressed as soon as we’re back in the office.
Additionally, we have an on-call medical provider available to respond to after-hours urgent needs within 30 minutes. Read the following information to access this service:
Common Issues the on-call provider cannot address:
- Medical Emergencies cannot be safely addressed through telemedicine and shouldn’t wait for our on-call provider’s 30 minute response time. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact 911 immediately.
- The on-call provider is not able to replace or refill medication that has been lost, stolen, or run out due to missed or canceled appointments. If you find yourself in this situation, we understand the stress and frustration this causes and will help you address the problem as soon as your health coach and primary Bicycle Health provider are available to do so. The on-call provider can’t make this process happen any sooner than it would through usual contact during available hours.
- The on-call provider is limited to caring for conditions that we treat at Bicycle Health. We can’t offer assessment or treatment for general medical needs such as respiratory illness, UTI, physical injury, and so on. For these needs our on-call provider would direct you to seek in-person services through an emergency department, urgent care, or primary care.
Common Issues the on-call provider can addresss
- You’re having an adverse reaction to a medication we prescribe
- You’re having difficulty starting a medication we prescribe
- There’s a problem with a prescription we’ve provided, and the pharmacy is still open to work with us to address that problem.
- You have an urgent need related to a mental or emotional health condition that we have assessed.
If you are concerned you may harm yourself or someone else, don’t wait to hear back from our on-call provider.Contact the National Lifeline immediately at 1-800-273-8255, and learn more about the Lifeline services at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
© 2020 Bicycle Health Inc.